<-- Advertise here.

an unconventional information display that is based on air bubbles rising through a special fluid. a large fluid-filled container with air vents in its base controls groups of air bubbles that form patterns or blocks of text in 2D or 3D. the user is provided with a touchpad to transmit information to the container’s built-in computer about which forms the user would like to depict.
see also information percolator & bitfall & eavesdripping & pulsart.
[4shared.com(zip)|via pixelsumo.com]


Have you seen this bubble display?

Tue 06 Jun 2006 at 1:01 AM

Exactly what I was going to comment. The above-linked bubble display has been in the lobby of Carnegie Mellon's Human-Computer Interaction Institute for the last 5 or 6 years.

Thu 08 Jun 2006 at 11:38 AM

kevin & martijn, follow the link in the post called "information percolator", that is the project you both mean!

Thu 08 Jun 2006 at 12:57 PM
Commenting has been temporarily disabled.