an impressive set of large-scale infographical prints, illustratings contemporary American culture through the lens of statistics. the works visually examine vast & bizarre measures of society, in large intricately detailed prints assembled from thousands of smaller photographs. some of the datasets include:
- 1.14 million brown paper supermarket bags, the number used in the US every hour
- 60,000 plastic bags, the number used in the US every five seconds
- 24,000 logos from the GMC Yukon Denali, equal to six weeks of sales of that model SUV in 2004
- 2.3 million folded prison uniforms, equal to the number of Americans incarcerated in 2005
- 106,000 aluminum cans, the number used in the US every thirty seconds
- 75,000 shipping containers, the number of containers processed through American ports every day.
- 125,000 one-hundred dollar bills ($12.5 million), the amount the US government spends every hour on the war in Iraq.