nina_video.jpg
A great song, paced by an intriguing, slightly infographic-animated video that uses a unique black-and-white visual style.

Check it out below.

Hello,
I like your site alot, however in this particular instance I do find myself asking where is the presentation of data?
Thanks for all the other s though!!
pete

Fri 23 Jan 2009 at 11:33 PM

THANK YOU for a beautiful start to my day. How I LOVE NINA! This was stunning :-)

Sat 24 Jan 2009 at 12:51 AM

thank you for posting this - its beautiful

Sat 24 Jan 2009 at 1:43 AM

Agreed, this is beautiful work but I'm curious... if there is any data driving the graphics here, I'd love to know.

Sat 24 Jan 2009 at 2:24 AM

Wow, you are all strict editors! I guess the "data" is the rhythm and the lyrics. Its a bit similar to the lyrics and audio responsive visual video and the audio-reactive sound sculptures, for instance.

The mentioning of "slightly infographic-animated..." in the original post also pointed to this concern, by the way...

Sat 24 Jan 2009 at 8:12 AM

Maybe the heat in Sydney here today is getting to my brain, but, to me, the data is the words to the song, Beautiful editorial choice - I love it!

Sat 24 Jan 2009 at 12:12 PM

It definitely was hot today. (+41C/106F for those interested)

Sat 24 Jan 2009 at 7:03 PM

am i the only one who finds this unremarkable? it has some things going for it, but overall it's just a student exercise with overused typefaces that don't belong together. any undergrad design program puts out a couple dozen of these motion-type "music videos" (often in b/w as an assignment constraint) each semester.

Tue 27 Jan 2009 at 3:01 AM
frank

I do not want to downgrade this just because this is a student work.

Music video or moving types matching audio such as lyrics of music and voice over is not new and it is ordinary assignments in motion design class. But, this piece looks well executed !!! I would like to hire this animator if I have my own company.

Wed 28 Jan 2009 at 7:19 AM
freegood

is it just my system, or is the animation not really in sync with the sound? (it only seems to fit at the end)
while it sure is beautiful etc, I love other procedually generated videos more, this one has obviously completely been drawn manually, even the frequency-histogram at the beginning doesn't quite match

Thu 05 Feb 2009 at 5:40 AM