google_chart_api.jpg
a new API from Google that generates information charts in a dynamic way. its usage is quite straightforward: you link to an image in the form of a parameterized URL, such as http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?cht=
p3&chd=t:90,49&chs=400x200&chl=data|bling

"cht=p3" is the chart type, in this case, a pie chart.

"chd=t:90,49" are the chart values, text-encoded, and separated by a comma.

"chs=400x200" is the custom chart size, 400 by 200 pixels.

"chl=Data|Bling" are the different labels for the pie chart sections, separated via the pipe character.

chart types include: line charts, bar charts, pie charts, Venn diagrams & scatterplots.

[link: google.com|via blogoscoped.com]

google_chart_api2.jpg

google_chart_api3.jpg

I can see this would be very useful. Thanks for pointing it out.

Sat 08 Dec 2007 at 12:26 AM

Thanks for pointing this out. It is very cool. I look forward to integrating it into my future web apps.

I blogged about it here

Sat 08 Dec 2007 at 2:04 AM

Aren't pie charts more like http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?cht=p3&chd=t:10,90&chs=400x200&chl=data|bling ?

Sat 08 Dec 2007 at 3:50 AM

@n[ate]vw - cute ;o)

This is a great tool, on the other hand, get ready to see a lot of chart junk in the blogosphere!

Sat 08 Dec 2007 at 4:51 AM

Thanks for pointing this out -- it inspired me to build a simple charting interface: www.style.org/chartapi/

Mon 10 Dec 2007 at 4:50 AM

I think I found an error.

Try out

...and do the math...

Mon 10 Dec 2007 at 8:55 AM

Effzehn...it is based on a percentage of 100%. if you enter 258 you are exceeding the max limit, it uses the other numbers to calculate the percent and the rest is left over to the giant space you see.

Fri 23 May 2008 at 4:35 AM
Formic

I think I found an error.
Try out
...and do the math...
,thanks

Tue 21 Oct 2008 at 12:33 AM

Sat 10 Jan 2009 at 10:32 PM

Next we need to design individual elements like infoboxes and the application catalog.

Tue 21 Apr 2009 at 6:22 AM

Thu 29 Oct 2009 at 12:24 PM

Fri 08 Jan 2010 at 9:57 PM

This tool is really enough powerfull and simple at the same time. I want to add that it can help in insertion formulas on the site using Tex language and GOOGle enconding mechanism. At my personal blog I realised some instruments to be helpful for building such diagrams.

Wed 28 Apr 2010 at 2:48 AM

Tue 25 May 2010 at 10:26 PM

I’d be inclined to comply with you here. Which is not something I usually do! I love reading a post that will make people think. Also, thanks for allowing me to speak my mind!

Tue 09 Nov 2010 at 5:47 AM